April 10, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- The national debt and your retirement. 01:33
- Should I get rid of my long-term care insurance policy? 05:22
- What can I expect from Social Security? 18:35
- Health Savings Accounts versus 401(k)s. 26:46
- Do I need an annuity? 30:38
- Should I sell or keep my duplex? 41:29
- Should I buy cryptocurrencies? 48:19
Ballooning national debt and the risk to retirees
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the reasons why America’s rapidly growing debt could hurt retirees.
Scott and Pat advise a caller with $3 million in savings about keeping a long-term care insurance policy. A retired public employee asks how the Windfall Elimination Provision will affect his Social Security benefit. A caller with $4 million in retirement savings asks if he needs an annuity. Scott and Pat speak with a duplex owner, making $130,000 a year, about potentially selling his property. Finally, a caller asks if he should invest in cryptocurrency.
Download and rate our podcast here.