April 13, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- More unicorn companies are going public. 1:40
- The pension company won’t let me cash out early. 7:55
- I’m facing early retirement. Can you help? 16:51
- Set yourself up so retirement is a choice. 27:08
- What is my tax liability on a $350,000 property sale? 31:23
- Should I purchase 5 years of service for my pension? 40:01
- “Air time” may not have been a permanent guarantee. 49:18
Stocks Don’t Know That You Own Them
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the wave of tech companies going public and introduce a new retirement frame of mind.
Scott and Pat speak with a caller who is worried about a diminishing pension and wants to cash out. A man in Northern California is facing an early retirement and asks what he can do with $463,000 in savings. A caller is selling a rental property worth $350,000 and wondering what his tax liability will be. Finally, Scott and Pat advise a Colorado man considering a $175,000 “air time” purchase for his pension.