April 24, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- How should I invest the money I made on cryptocurrency? 3:20
- How can I smooth out variable income? 9:34
- Should I sell my rental? 21:22
- Am I ready to retire now? 29:23
- Life meets retirement plans. 44:12
- Should I put my investments in an LLC? 45:27
Retirement planning when life happens
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss how good financial plans adapt to the ups and downs of life, before taking calls about money and retirement.
Scott and Pat advise a 24-year-old investor, with $30,000 saved in cryptocurrency and living with his parents, about investing for the long-term future. A mother asks how she can smooth out income from oil royalty contracts and efficiently pass savings to her children. A caller turned her $1.5 million house into a rental and asks if she should sell it before capital gains taxes rise. A man with $2.1 million in savings and a $7,600 monthly pension asks if he’s ready to retire now. Finally, a caller asks if he should place his investments in an LLC to save on taxes.
Download and rate our podcast here.