April 27, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- What will my spousal benefit be? 8:18
- Should I do a tax-free exchange into an opportunity zone fund? 15:23
- Do fee-based advisors recommend mutual funds? 29:12
- How do I handle the money in my mother’s estate? 39:33
- How is it that public pensions are underfunded? 46:00
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about how companies change within industries.
Scott and Pat speak with a caller about whether his wife can take her own Social Security benefit first and then switch to a spousal benefit when he retires. A caller wants to sell a rental property and do a tax-free exchange into an opportunity zone fund. A man from Sacramento wonders how fee-based advisors can recommend mutual funds if they don’t take commissions. A caller recently lost his mother and wants to know how he should handle the money that was not in his mother’s trust. Finally, Scott and Pat question how it’s possible that we are in a bull market, but public pensions are still woefully underfunded.