April 3, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- How retirement has changed. 2:05
- Can I retire on municipal bond income? 6:10
- How should my son handle RSUs? 19:51
- Can I avoid capital gains taxes on a condo sale? 29:38
- Retiring without risk is impossible. 35:27
- Should I buy another rental? 39:09
The allure of a risk-free retirement
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the unsavory ways some financial advisors are promising to help investors “retire without risk.”
Scott and Pat advise a caller with $3 million in his 401(k) who asks if he needs to make his investments more conservative. A mother asks how her son should handle Restricted Stock Units. A caller asks if he’s on the hook for capital gains taxes after selling a condo that previously belonged to his 103-year-old mom. Finally, Scott and Pat speak with an Air Force veteran who wants to know if he should buy another rental property with the $500,000 he has in the bank.
Download and rate our podcast here.