April 6, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- Don’t be afraid of filing a tax extension. 2:29
- How can I maximize my Social Security benefit? 3:22
- Our former advisor stole $2 million from us. 7:29
- The red flags of a bad investment. 22:13
- Legal marijuana’s economic problem. 24:04
- What do you think of a Roth conversion for me? 29:43
- Should I prioritize saving in an IRA or 401(k)? 35:20
- How should I allocate my savings in this stock market? 42:29
The red flags of bad investments
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about the fundamental economic problem facing the legal marijuana market.
Scott and Pat speak with a man in South Carolina who wants to maximize his and his wife’s Social Security benefit. A couple had $2 million stolen by an advisor who billed himself as a fiduciary. They want recourse. A man with $8 million in savings is considering a Roth conversion. A New Jersey caller with $400,000 saved wants to know what accounts he should prioritize. Finally, a man in Elk Grove is worried about the stock market and wonders if his investments are allocated correctly.