August 14, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- How should I invest for my parents? 3:16
- What Medicare does not cover. 13:57
- Will the step-up basis tax rules change? 18:37
- I owe the IRS $100,000. What should I do? 26:35
- SPACs revisited. 35:58
- How should I invest $500,000? 41:49
- What’s the difference between an ETF and a mutual fund? 50:38
Rolling a truck through a loophole.
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the reasons why Special Purpose Acquisition Companies can be ripe for fraud, and why one electric vehicle maker is now charged with defrauding investors.
Scott and Pat advise a daughter, who is the executor of her parents’ trust, about how to invest $350,000 of their savings. A mother asks how future legislation could affect her son’s ability to inherit her $1 million home. Scott and Pat speak with a caller who owes the IRS $100,000 in back taxes and wants to know how to make a “compromise offer.” A retired caller asks how to invest $500,000 before the next stock market crash. Finally, a recent college graduate asks about the difference between ETFs and mutual funds.
Download and rate our podcast here.