August 15, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- How can my dad distribute the proceeds from a property sale? 3:35
- Should I collect Social Security while I work? 8:01
- Gold as an investment. 13:58
- The early days of Allworth. 27:05
- Should I invest in a REIT? 30:30
- How should I pass my house deed to my beneficiaries? 40:51
- Should I move to a low-tax state? 44:33
Is gold an investment or a commodity?
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the problems with using gold as a long-term investment.
Scott and Pat advise a Sacramento caller concerned about the taxes on an inherited property worth $130,000. A Colorado engineer asks if he should collect Social Security and continue to work. Scott and Pat speak with a caller who wants to invest in a commercial real estate investment trust. A mother asks how she should pass her house deed to her children in an estate plan. Finally, a retired police officer in California asks if she should move to a low-tax state.
Download and rate our podcast here.