August 21, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- The financial side of a busy news cycle. 1:18
- Should I pay down my mortgages early? 6:54
- Is my son making eligible Roth contributions? 18:49
- Worrying about money as a financial advisor. 26:55
- Should I do a Roth conversion? 30:14
- What should I look for in a financial advisor? 41:57
Planning for future tax changes.
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the challenges of making a Roth conversion decision and why some online retirement calculators may not give you the correct answer for your situation.
Scott and Pat advise a caller with three rental properties about whether he should pay down his mortgages early. A father wants to know if his son, who makes $75,000 a year, is making eligible Roth contributions. A caller with more than $2 million in savings asks if he should do a Roth conversion. Finally, a caller nearing retirement asks what he should look for in a financial advisor.
Download and rate our podcast here.