August 29, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- Retiring earlier than expected. 1:20
- Should I refinance my mortgage and buy another rental? 3:29
- Should I refinance my mortgage for extra income? 11:55
- Can I afford a second home in Florida? 16:10
- Should I be concerned about home title theft? 26:50
- Protecting your credit and buying a car. 31:18
- Can I find a financial advisor aligned with my values? 36:52
- The origins of index funds. 48:15
Using your home’s equity
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat take several calls from listeners looking to refinance their mortgages.
Scott and Pat advise an airline mechanic considering refinancing his $1 million home to buy another rental property. An Atlanta man owes $196,000 on his $500,000 house and is looking to use its equity for income during his job search. A woman in Wichita, Kansas, with a net worth of $500,000, is considering a second home in Florida. A California caller asks if he needs additional insurance on his home’s title. Finally, Scott and Pat advise an Illinois retiree who is unsatisfied with his relationship with his current financial advisor.
Download and rate our podcast here.