August 8, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- The stock market versus economic reality. 2:54
- How should I plan retirement distributions? 8:40
- My husband and I have different ideas about retirement. 19:12
- Should I wait to take Social Security? 37:03
- How should I take my pension? 42:48
- Breaking down Trump and Biden’s tax proposals. 52:44
Retirement planning for couples
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the unique financial planning challenges for married couples. They also break down the differences between Donald Trump's and Joe Biden’s tax proposals in an exclusive podcast segment.
Scott and Pat advise a Colorado man, with $2 million saved, about planning his retirement account distributions. A woman in California is trying to merge her vision of retirement with her husband's, who wants to continue working. Scott and Pat speak with a caller who is concerned about Social Security’s solvency. Finally, a recently laid-off husband, with $2.5 million saved, asks how he should take his pension.
Download and rate our podcast here.