December 21, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- Should I do a Roth IRA conversion? 2:40
- Am I maximizing my Social Security benefit? 10:53
- How should I prioritize saving? 17:52
- Amazon deliveries in unexpected places. 26:36
- Private placement investments. 28:55
- Did I miss the Roth conversion window? 31:15
- Social Security means-testing. 39:48
When should you consider a Roth conversion?
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss why $1.8 billion may disappear in a private placement investment.
Scott and Pat advise a caller with $360,000 in his IRAs who’s considering a Roth conversion. A 68-year-old woman asks if she should continue delaying her Social Security benefit. A retired Navy veteran asks where he should prioritize his saving. Scott and Pat speak with a man who saved $1.5 million and is concerned that he missed the Roth conversion window. Finally, a Vermont caller asks if his Social Security benefit will be “means-tested.”
Download and rate our podcast here.