February 13, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Tesla buys $1.5 billion of Bitcoin. 1:10
- The costs of free stock trading. 4:45
- Hedging against inflation. 13:20
- Should I rent a house from my son? 14:44
- How can I avoid capital gains taxes on two home sales? 26:30
- Should I pay down a mortgage with cash from an IRA? 36:09
- How money can change people. 44:01
The costs of free stock trading
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the free stock trading boom and who will ultimately get hurt.
Scott and Pat speak with a father who wants to help his son by renting a house that his child purchases. A caller asks how he and his fiancé can lower capital gains taxes on two home sales. Finally, a man with a vacation home worth $550,000 asks if he should pay down the mortgage with cash from his IRA.
Download and rate our podcast here.