February 15, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- Wells Fargo’s bonuses 2:53
- Where else should I save? 10:10
- Are solar panels worth the cost? 16:54
- Can I surrender my variable annuity? 27:05
- How can I open a 529 plan? 37:51
- Should I invest in a S&P 500 index fund? 45:45
Your financial advisor’s sales goals may affect you.
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss why Wells Fargo is offering financial advisors forgivable loans. They also talk about commissions in the financial services industry, and how those perks impact the type of service you receive.
You can read the article that Scott and Pat discuss here.
Scott and Pat advise a California government employee with $350,000 who wants to lower his future tax burden. A caller asks if solar panels are worth the cost. Scott and Pat speak with a man looking to dump his variable annuity. A grandfather asks how he can open a 529 plan. Finally, an 80-year old caller asks if she should invest in a Standard & Poor’s 500 index fund.
Download and rate our podcast here.