Money Matters: February 2, 2019
- Every market cycle looks different. 1:14
- Should I pay down the mortgage with an inheritance? 5:38
- How can I make up for a late start saving? 15:58
- Revenue sharing may change an advisor’s view. 27:20
- Can my home equity loan help me save on taxes? 34:41
- A salesperson is recommending whole life insurance. 43:31
Scott and Pat talk about how a seemingly small change in fees can cloud your advisor’s view, and the current state of the market.
A caller anticipating a $200,000 inheritance asks if he should use the money to pay down a mortgage. A man in his 30s is expecting a baby and wants to make up for a late start saving. A caller with a $60,000 home equity loan asks if he can use it to save on taxes. Finally, a salesman is pitching a Sacramento woman a costly life insurance policy that she doesn't need.