February 22, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- Saving in your 50s 1:30
- Can I deduct home improvement expenses? 5:23
- Should I get in the market now? 19:12
- How should my wife take her pension? 28:09
- Coronavirus and the stock market 43:25
- Will Medicare impact my CalPERS health insurance? 46:56
Saving is more difficult in your 50s
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the reasons why it is more difficult to save as you get closer to retirement, and how you can plan for a secure financial future.
Scott and Pat advise a landlord who asks if he can deduct home improvement expenses for his rental properties. A man, with $400,000 saved, wants to know if he should wait for a market dip before he invests. A retired police officer asks if his wife should take a monthly pension or a lump sum buyout. Scott and Pat speak with a caller concerned that the coronavirus will impact his investments. Finally, a self-employed woman asks if Medicare will impact her health insurance from CalPERS.
Download and rate our podcast here.