February 27, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Breaking down an alleged $1.8 billion Ponzi-like scheme. 1:28
- Stock market update. 22:18
- Should I make a 20% down payment on a house? 26:32
- How should I pay for my bathroom remodel? 33:19
- What is the point of owning bonds right now? 40:15
- Will long-dated call options protect my investments? 45:34
There is no silver bullet investment.
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss an alleged $1.8 billion Ponzi-like scheme and how unsuspecting investors lost their retirement savings.
Scott and Pat advise a South Carolina caller who asks if he should make a 20% down payment on a house when interest rates are low. A caller asks if he should pay for a bathroom remodel by selling stocks or using a HELOC. Scott and Pat speak with a caller concerned about the future of bonds. Finally, A former trader, who initially had $800,000 invested in Apple, asks if long-dated call options will help protect his investment.
Download and rate our podcast here.