February 6, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- How should I take my pension? 4:05
- Should I cancel my life insurance? 16:10
- Will the rules on Roth IRAs change? 21:32
- When refinancing goes wrong. 27:53
- How should my mother handle an inheritance? 29:17
- Should I do a Roth conversion? 34:55
- Should my wife take Social Security early? 41:48
The right and wrong ways to refinance
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the scenarios where refinancing a mortgage could hurt your retirement.
Scott and Pat advise a California public employee about when he should take his $735,000 pension. A caller asks if she should cancel her $650 annual premium term life insurance policy. A man asks if the government will eventually tax Roth distributions. A daughter asks how her 86-year-old mother should handle a $647,000 inheritance. Finally, Scott and Pat speak with a husband who wants to know when his wife should take Social Security.
Download and rate our podcast here.