January 11, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- How should I save for my kid’s education? 3:52
- Can I cash out my pension early? 19:58
- The SECURE Act and your retirement. 26:58
- Is a Roth conversion right for me? 33:58
- Working with a part-time fiduciary. 40:30
Is your financial advisor a full-time fiduciary?
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the allegations surrounding a well-known financial advisor who called himself a fiduciary and potentially hid his conflicts of interest. They also talk about the SECURE Act’s passage and what it means for your retirement.
Scott and Pat advise a mother trying to save $100,000 for her children’s college education. A caller asks if he can cash out his pension early. Finally, a New Jersey business owner asks if he should prioritize saving in a traditional or Roth 401(K).
Download and rate our podcast here.