January 18, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- How can my mom protect the proceeds from a home sale? 1:52
- Aging Americans and financial products. 10:10
- When should I collect Social Security? 15:58
- How your financial advisor gets paid. 26:40
- What are my mineral rights worth? 29:31
- When should I sell my rental property? 41:58
Financial products for aging Americans
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the reasons why some advisors target aging Americans to buy unnecessary financial products.
Scott and Pat advise a man in Somerset who is helping his mother protect the proceeds from her home sale. A man in Northern California asks how he should plan for his Social Security benefit. A caller asks how she can determine the value of a property’s mineral rights. Finally, a man who saved $500,000 asks if he should sell his rental to pay off his primary mortgage.
Download and rate our podcast here.