January 23, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Factors driving the stock market. 1:23
- How do I track the taxes in a Roth conversion? 5:43
- A potential tax and time-saving strategy. 10:19
- Money roles in marriages. 14:43
- How can I help my sister start saving? 16:47
- Insider trading and market timing. 26:37
- Hoping for down stock market days. 31:32
- Student loan forgiveness. 41:15
- How can I consolidate a 457 and an IRA? 44:21
Lack of opportunity and disposable income
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss one of their favorite tax-savvy investment strategies and the key factors driving this bull market.
Scott and Pat advise an investor who wants to track his tax obligations on Roth conversions. A Seattle man asks how he can encourage his 61-year-old sister to start saving for retirement. A mother wants to know if her daughter, a student in medical school who overestimated how much she would need for tuition, should return approximately $17,000 that she overborrowed. Scott and Pat speak with a public employee in Illinois who asks how he should consolidate a 457-plan worth $180,000, and an IRA worth $30,000.
Download and rate our podcast here.