Money Matters: January 26, 2019
- What the new tax law means for mortgages. 1:30
- Maxing retirement plans. Where should I put extra money? 3:54
- The importance of working with a fiduciary. 14:37
- Why are you selling me a new bank account? 15:32
- Should I pay off my mortgage early? 17:56
- How should I prioritize my savings? 30:23
- How should I use money from a coming settlement? 36:02
- How can I play catch-up with retirement contributions? 44:28
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about how the new tax law may change the way you want to pay off your mortgage. Scott also talks about a bank teller who tried to move his checking account for “safety” reasons.
Scott and Pat speak with a woman in Sacramento with $300,000 in an IRA who wants advice about where to put extra money. A caller in Northern California is debating if he should pay off his mortgage early. A caller in the Bay Area wants help prioritizing his savings after his employer changed plans. A man with chronic illnesses is expecting a $200,000 settlement and asks how he should use the money. Finally, a caller who got a late start saving asks how he should catch up.