January 30, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- How should my triplets invest? 04:32
- When a teen makes $100,000 on YouTube. 12:29
- Lifestyle inflation before retirement. 19:39
- Attending school during COVID. 28:57
- Should I buy actively managed or passive investments? 32:09
- Public pensions and low-interest rates. 39:49
Mortgaging the future
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss how listeners can plan for Social Security’s funding crisis, the impact of low-interest rates on public pensions, and what rising government debt could do to our future economy.
Scott and Pat advise a mother of triplets about how her children should invest gifts of $13,000 from their grandmother. A 33-year-old law enforcement officer asks how Social Security’s Windfall Elimination Provision could affect his future benefit. A caller asks if he should invest in passive or actively managed funds. Finally, Scott and Pat speak with a 24-year-old Coloradan who racked up $42,000 in debt and wants to know how he should handle the loans.
Download and rate our podcast here.