January 4, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- Looking back at past decades. 4:40
- Should I open a 401(k) account? 7:30
- Become and remain financially independent, part 1. 15:13
- How much do I need to save? 26:30
- Should I prioritize a Roth or traditional 401(k)? 38:15
- Become and remain financially independent, part 2. 50:38
Become and remain financially independent
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the steps that you need to take to become financially independent.
Scott and Pat advise a woman, with $400,000 in taxable accounts, who is considering opening a 401(k). A man in Northern California making $400,000, with $600,000 saved, asks what he needs to do to have a comfortable retirement. Finally, an Atlanta caller asks if he should prioritize his Roth or traditional accounts.
Download and rate our podcast here.