July 11, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- How should I pay down my mortgage? 3:15
- Market update 15:20
- PPP Problems 21:27
- Should I invest in actively managed funds? 27:15
- How should I pay down student debt? 35:04
- A Ph.D. in economics and an avowed communist. 42:15
- How should I borrow money to make my house accessible? 45:32
Investing in a challenging market
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the reasons why they don’t believe in market timing and the issues surrounding the Paycheck Protection Program.
Scott and Pat advise a caller looking to pay down his $176,000 mortgage. A man with 30% of his savings in one investment fund asks if his strategy is sound. A single mother with $125,000 in student loans asks how she should pay down the debt. Finally, Scott and Pat advise a Colorado woman looking to take out a loan to make her home handicap accessible.
Download and rate our podcast here.