July 23, 2022
- It’s not about the news. It’s how you respond to it. 00:22
- It’s RMD time. What account should I pull from? 09:20
- What’s best for me? A bridge loan or HELOC? 19:45
- How should I invest my severance? 26:00
- Should I create a dividend portfolio? 37:46
- Should my wife or I opt for a lump-sum pension payout? 45:15
How to react to financial news, advice on dividend stocks, and guidance on a pension payout.
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat explain why they spend less time on financial news, and more time on your response to it. They advise a caller whose mother doesn’t have enough in a money market for her required minimum distribution. You’ll hear Scott and Pat assist a man who is deciding whether to take out a bridge loan or HELOC. Finally, they help a caller who wonders whether a lump-sum pension payout is the correct course of action.
Join Money Matters: Get your most pressing financial questions answered by Allworth's CEOs Scott Hanson and Pat McClain live on-air! Call 833-99-WORTH. Or ask a question by clicking here. You can also be on the air by emailing Scott and Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download and rate our podcast here.