July 24, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- The 2% “plummet.” 2:22
- What should I do with 401(k)s awarded from a divorce? 6:18
- The rise of passive and active investing. 13:05
- How can I access my brother’s TSP? 16:58
- Billionaires in space. 26:38
- Can I avoid capital gains taxes on a home sale? 29:58
- How can I recover a 401(k) that I lost? 35:53
- What questions should I ask a financial advisor? 42:44
The 2% plummet
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the stock market’s recent turbulence and how the media can sensationalize minor price swings.
Scott and Pat advise a man on how to handle 401(k)s worth $125,000 that were awarded to him from a divorce settlement. A caller is the executor of her brother’s estate and asks how she can access his Thrift Savings Plan with little documentation. A caller leaving California asks how he can avoid capital gains taxes on the sale of a home worth $550,000. A man asks how he can recover a 401(k), worth $40,000, that he lost track of decades ago. Finally, Scott and Pat advise a caller with $2.5 million in cash on what questions he should ask a financial advisor.
Download and rate our podcast here.