June 26, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- The unique relationship with a financial advisor. 1:54
- Should I lower my investment risk? 3:48
- Should I cancel my life insurance policy? 20:46
- Can I retire in Thailand? 26:56
- Can I use $100,000 from my 401(K) for home improvements? 35:21
- Should I buy airtime on my pension? 41:22
- Do I owe capital gains taxes on a home sale? 46:26
- The long-term impacts of quantitative easing. 50:39
Quantitative easing and interest rates
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat revisit some of the best calls from the year before moving on to discuss the long-term impact of the Federal Reserve’s quantitative easing program.
Scott and Pat advise a 401(k) saver who is considering reducing her investment risk because of high stock valuations. A soon-to-be retiree asks if she should cancel her life insurance policy. A caller asks if he can afford a condo in Thailand. Scott and Pat advise a caller with $760,000 in retirement savings about how to pay home improvement expenses. A military service member wants to know if she should purchase four years of airtime on her pension. Finally, Scott and Pat speak with a caller who put the home of his 103-year-old mother-in-law in his name and wants to know if he’s on the hook for capital gains.
Download and rate our podcast here.