June 5, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Personal responsibility and your finances. 1:45
- Are my investments allocated correctly? 6:18
- How should I utilize my Health Savings Account? 18:01
- Vetting your financial advisor. 27:57
- How should I take my pension? 33:53
- Can I retire at age 45? 44:48
Vetting your financial advisor
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss how clients can research their financial advisor’s background and why it’s so important.
Scott and Pat advise a fiscally conservative retiree, with $1.4 million in savings and 8 percent in equities, about his long-term investments. A caller asks how she should invest the money in her Health Savings Account. An employee for the State of California asks how she should collect her pension. Finally, a man who “accidentally retired” at age 45 asks if he can live comfortably with $2.4 million in savings.
Download and rate our podcast here.