March 16, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- Is my advisor misleading me about a bond fund? 3:04
- Can I file and suspend my Social Security benefit? 12:23
- Will purchasing a rental decrease my taxes? 20:20
- Scott’s conversation with his congressman. 24:36
- Can I collect Social Security benefits on my ex’s record? 32:33
- Social Security may be a huge issue in this election. 39:39
- Should I invest in the S&P 500 or total stock market? 42:38
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat talk about why Social Security may or may not be a huge issue in the 2020 presidential election.
Scott and Pat talk to a man in Folsom who has $147,000 in a bond fund and an advisor trying to move his money. A San Louis Obispo caller is considering buying rental properties for tax write-offs. A retiree collecting a disability benefit asks if he can collect Social Security based on his ex-wife’s record. Finally, a man in Oakland weighs investing $1 million in an S&P 500 or the total stock market fund.