March 20, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Pump and Dump and SPACS. 1:07
- Your neighbor has a great investment idea. 4:46
- How should I invest the proceeds from a company sale? 6:58
- Does it make sense to sell my mutual funds to buy ETFs? 17:23
- Should I pay off my mortgage or refinance? 26:41
- Should I broaden my portfolio? 40:03
- How should I invest the proceeds from my $1.8 million home sale? 48:10
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss new investment schemes and shiny object scams that are good for TV ratings but will likely end poorly for most investors.
Scott and Pat advise a caller about how to invest the equity proceeds from a company sale. A man asks if selling his mutual funds to buy exchange traded funds (ETFs) makes sense from a tax perspective. A long-time listener wonders whether she should pay off the remaining portion of her home loan or refinance. A 73-year-old woman wants to know if she should migrate her two mutual funds to broaden her portfolio. A 55 year-old-man man just sold a townhouse in Silicon Valley and wants to invest $1.8 million in proceeds.