May 1, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Preparing for future tax changes. 02:20
- How should I buy precious metals? 05:39
- How can I lower capital gains on a property sale? 09:07
- Should I do a Roth conversion? 14:52
- How should I save for retirement in my 30’s? 22:15
- How much am I paying in investment fees? 26:48
- Interview with Andy Stout. 36:45
The challenge of tax planning.
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss who should prepare for future tax changes before interviewing Andy Stout, a CFA and the CIO of Allworth Financial, about SPACs, inflation, and the challenge of following a disciplined investment strategy in a bull market.
Scott and Pat advise a caller who wants to put 10% of his investment portfolio into gold and silver. A caller with three rentals asks how he can lower his capital gains taxes if he sells a property. A man with a family income of $160,000 asks if he should make a Roth conversion. An investor in his 30’s asks how to save for retirement independently. Finally, a caller asks how he can find out how much he’s paying in investment fees.
Download and rate our podcast here.