May 15, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Financial planning is personal. 1:11
- Volatility returns to the market. 4:10
- Do I have enough to retire? 11:38
- How should I take my pension? 27:04
- What is the Monte Carlo method of investing? 37:09
- Should I save more in a 529 plan? 48:19
Volatility returns to the stock market
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss why they are concerned about the fact that more savers are pouring money into speculative investments, including cryptocurrencies and SPACs.
Scott and Pat advise a caller, with $1.5 million in savings, on the practicality of retiring in his 50’s. A public employee asks how she should take her pension. A retired caller wants to know why her financial advisor is choosing her allocations based on a Monte Carlo simulation. Finally, a father of two asks if he should continue to save in his children’s 529 plan, worth $83,000.
Download and rate our podcast here.