May 23, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- The impact of unemployment. 1:43
- What’s the right allocation for a 65-year old? 7:35
- How can I avoid potential tax consequences? 20:15
- Should I save to a Roth 401(k)? 30:00
- What pension option should I select? 40:05
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat take several calls and discuss the resiliency of the markets, but the impact of the high unemployment rate on businesses reopening.
Scott and Pat advise a long-time listener who will be turning 65 and wants to know how he should allocate his investments. A great saver asks how to move his investments back over to the retirement side to avoid tax consequences. A caller has decided to go back to work for a short time instead of retiring fully and wants to know if he should save money to a Roth 401K. Lastly, a teacher asks about the best pension option for his future retirement.