May 4, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- Why did Hanson McClain become Allworth? 1:20
- Should I keep my universal life insurance policy? 3:44
- Complexity does not make an investment better. 12:13
- My elderly parents are on track to outlive their savings. 14:40
- The struggles of the sandwich generation. 24:40
- What should I do with my long-term care insurance? 29:57
- I’m worried I’ll be laid off. How should I prepare? 36:46
- I saved $630,000. Am I on track to retire well? 48:04
Bad investment products are sold, not bought.
On this week’s Allworth’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the sandwich generation’s difficult balance of saving for retirement versus helping their families.
Scott and Pat speak with a caller who is upset about paying an increased premium for her $50,000 universal life insurance policy. A Wisconsin man wants to keep his elderly parents from running out of money. A Sacramento caller is worried he may not have access to his money from an insurance policy. Scott and Pat advise a caller making $300,000 who’s worried he may lose his job. Finally, a Minnesota caller with $630,000 in savings checks in to see if he’s on the right track to retire well.