May 8, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Cryptocurrencies and the dot-com bubble. 03:29
- How will stock sales affect my Medicare premiums? 05:28
- Should I do a Roth conversion? 14:27
- Should I pay down my mortgage early? 22:15
- Can I afford a condo in Miami? 30:15
- Do I need a six-month emergency fund? 39:21
- How should I allocate my 401(k)? 46:53
Cryptocurrency and Greater Fools
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss Dogecoin’s mind-boggling rise and why the increased speculation on cryptocurrencies parallels the dot-com boom.
Scott and Pat advise a retired caller who wants to know if selling stocks will affect her Medicare premiums. A caller with $930,000 saved for retirement asks if she should do a Roth conversion. A man with a $72,000 mortgage wants to know if he should pay down the balance early. A retired firefighter with $5.2 million in savings asks if he can afford a $1 million Miami condo. Finally, two callers at the start of their careers want to know how they should save for retirement.
Download and rate our podcast here.