November 2, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- Money doesn’t guarantee joy. 3:08
- Modern Ponzi schemes. 8:52
- How can I lower my taxes in retirement? 11:05
- Can banks seize my savings? 22:20
- How should I take my pension? 26:51
- What’s the best way to give to charity? 34:39
- Should I buy long-term care insurance? 44:08
Who gets caught in modern Ponzi schemes?
On this week’s Allworth’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss how a $1.3 billion Ponzi scheme ensnared many retail investors.
Scott and Pat advise a Georgia woman trying to lower taxes on her $900,000 IRA. A concerned man asks if his bank can seize his savings. A pensioner is deciding between a $1.4 million lump sum or $8,000 monthly payout. Scott and Pat advise a New Jersey caller who wants to leave a $100,000 perpetuity for his favorite charity. Finally, a Denver man asks if a traditional or hybrid long-term care insurance policy is better for him.