November 20, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Should I buy long-term care insurance? 07:50
- When should I take Social Security? 14:35
- The break-up of General Electric. 24:00
- Is a retirement community a good investment? 29:49
- What will the tax rate be on my pension? 38:30
- What will my Medicare Part B premium be? 43:40
Rising home prices, the impact of inflation, and long-term care insurance.
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat advise a caller who has lived in Yosemite for 30 years, saved well, but can’t quite afford a long-term care insurance policy. A caller who has saved $500,000 wants to know when he should file for Social Security. A 74-year-old Portland resident wants to know whether he should spend $700,000 to move into a retirement community. A soon-to-be retired state employee from San Diego wants to know how much the government will take from her pension. A retiree in his late 60s asks about Medicare Part B plan premiums.
Download and rate our podcast here.