November 21, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- Scott’s educational experience. 5:48
- Can I rely on my state pension for a secure retirement? 8:33
- How should I handle restricted stock options? 16:18
- New retirement legislation. 23:07
- Do I have to sign up for Medicare? 27:28
- Roth vs. traditional 401(k). 31:26
- Can I negotiate my reverse mortgage? 38:48
- Should I refinance my mortgage? 45:28
Financial advice from California to Guam
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss new bi-partisan retirement legislation making its way through the United States Congress, and then take listener questions from around the globe.
Scott and Pat speak with a California state employee looking to save an additional $2,000 per month. A 58-year-old man asks how he should handle restricted stock options worth $300,000. Scott and Pat advise a caller on the differences between saving in a Roth and a traditional 401(k). A Cupertino caller asks if his 4.99% adjustable-rate reverse mortgage has a negotiable interest rate. Finally, a caller in Guam asks if she should refinance her existing mortgage before she moves to the states in a few years.
Download and rate our podcast here.