November 23, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- What should I do with $1 million from a home sale? 4:20
- Should I save or pay down debt? 19:43
- How can I fund a new IRA? 27:47
- The life of an empty nester. 30:59
- Should I buy bonds? 33:30
- Can I do a 1031 exchange alone? 45:11
- Are we at the top of the market? 48:01
Where do bonds fit in your savings?
On this week’s Allworth’s Money Matters, Pat and Allworth advisor David Schauer discuss how you can use bonds in a low interest rate environment.
Pat and David advise a California woman who gained $1 million from a home sale. A government worker, who owes $316,000 on a mortgage and student loans, asks if he should prioritize his debt or retirement savings. A man with $200,000 in family income asks if he should fund a new IRA. Pat and David advise a property owner trying to defer his capital gains taxes. Finally, a caller asks if he should buy more bonds.