November 30, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- Should I stop saving in my employer’s retirement plan? 3:47
- When should I take Social Security? 13:01
- Can I take a higher distribution? 19:53
- How can my investments generate more income? 29:02
- Can I give my RMD to charity? 43:25
- What’s a safe, short-term investment? 47:39
- Podcast exclusive segment. 53:25
If you are a high earner, take Social Security ASAP.
On this week’s Money Matters, Pat and Allworth advisor David Schauer discuss why high earners should take Social Security sooner rather than later. In a podcast exclusive segment, they discuss how your risk tolerance can change your investment strategy.
Pat and David advise a janitor who saved $460,000 and wants to gift all of his assets to charity. A Nevada man asks if he should take a higher distribution from his investments. A caller with $2 million asks if his investments can generate more income. Pat and David advise a Denver man looking for a safe, short-term investment. Finally, a woman expecting $150,000 asks how she should invest.
Download and rate our podcast here.