November 6, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Can I lower capital gains on an overseas stock sale? 02:50
- Should I refinance my house or tap my savings? 09:15
- The ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF. 22:50
- Where should I invest my profit-sharing payout? 27:00
- Is 63% of my $2.2M savings in cash too much? 36:00
- Should I invest in Bitcoin? 45:45
Overseas stock sales, delaying Social Security, and the ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the timing of overseas stock sales, and the lesser-known risks of cryptocurrencies.
Scott and Pat advise a caller from Columbia about paying capital gains taxes on an overseas stock sale. A California man with $3.5 million saved wants to know about delaying Social Security and refinancing his home. Scott and Pat then discuss the ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF. A caller from Woodland, California wants to know where to invest money from his former company’s profit-sharing program. They then advise a risk-adverse 67-year-old woman who has 63 percent of her $2.2 million savings in cash. Finally, a man in his late 50s with money to invest wants to know about Bitcoin.
Download and rate our podcast here.