October 10, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- Scott’s COVID-19 experience. 1:33
- Should I stay invested in REITs? 6:37
- Should I get back in the market? 16:50
- How should I pay down my mortgage? 30:03
- How 19-year-olds can invest. 38:17
- Should I jump out of the market before the election? 41:26
Is COVID-19 changing the way you think about money?
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott discusses his experience contracting COVID-19. Scott and Pat also take several calls from investors who are considering changing their financial strategies based on the headlines.
Scott and Pat advise a Denver man who has 50% of his savings in Real Estate Investment Trusts and is considering selling his REITs. A caller put 95% of her retirement savings into government bonds in March and asks how she should reenter the stock market. Scott and Pat speak with a Charlotte woman who owes $360,000 on her mortgage and asks if she should try a velocity banking technique. Finally, a proud market timer asks if he should exit the market before the election.
Click here to register for our 7 Personal Decision Points virtual retirement planning workshop.
Download and rate our podcast here.