October 24, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- Money and the want for more. 1:18
- Should I do a Roth conversion? 3:05
- Should I cash out before the election? 8:43
- When should my wife claim Social Security? 19:18
- Financial planning for aging parents. 26:42
- Should I invest in target-date funds? 32:40
- Should I buy an annuity? 44:35
A Fool’s Game
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the challenges of making financial decisions with aging parents, then speak with several callers concerned about how the presidential election will impact their investments.
Scott and Pat advise a California man with $1.5 million saved about a potential Roth conversion. A caller asks if he should convert some of the money in his 401(k) to cash before the presidential election. A retired caller asks if his wife should claim her Social Security benefit at age 62. A caller invested in target-date funds asks if a financial advisor is really worth the cost. Finally, an 83-year-old tap dancer asks if she should buy an annuity for $300,000.
Click here to register for our 7 Personal Decision Points virtual retirement planning workshop.
Download and rate our podcast here.