October 31, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- The economy’s resilience. 2:15
- How can I lower my taxes on deferred compensation? 4:42
- Will Social Security benefits be means tested? 17:38
- Ambient emotions and your financial decisions. 26:45
- Do you need earned income for a Roth conversion? 31:04
- How can I save outside of a TSP? 38:20
- Should I sell my rental? 47:57
Ambient emotions and your financial decisions
On this week's Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the ways that temporary pandemic stress can affect your long-term financial decisions.
Scott and Pat advise a caller with $10 million in savings about how he can gift his assets and lower his tax bill. A Cincinnati caller making $150,000 a year consulting asks if he should expect means testing on his Social Security benefit. A California man with $875,000 in retirement savings asks if a Roth conversion is a smart move for his situation. Scott and Pat speak with a soldier in Hawaii looking for ways to save outside of his TSP. Finally, a California woman asks if she should sell her rental worth $400,000.
Download and rate our podcast here.