October 5, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- Your mortgage probably isn’t helping you save on taxes. 3:15
- Can I protect my settlement from the IRS? 7:00
- Don’t sell Scott and Pat a multi-level marketing opportunity. 15:15
- Should I sell my rental? 18:31
- I owe $200,000 in student loan debt. What should I do? 26:48
- Should I go back to work and collect Social Security? 38:05
- Splitting up big tech companies. 46:30
Is Facebook a monopoly?
On this week’s Allworth’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss the potential break-up of big technology companies, including Facebook, Google, and Amazon.
Scott and Pat speak with a caller looking to protect an injury settlement from her $66,000 tax debt. A real estate investor asks if he should sell a $350,000 rental property. A man in his 80’s, with $200,000 in student loans, asks if he should pay off the balance. Finally, Scott and Pat advise a widow who wants to collect Social Security and go back to work.