September 12, 2020 Money Matters Podcast
- Real estate market trends 2:50
- Is a Roth conversion a good idea? 8:41
- Should I pay off my mortgage early? 16:41
- Should I buy a rental property? 29:07
- How can I lower my taxable income? 38:33
- Will a fixed annuity help me diversify my investments? 46:06
Rising home prices and negotiable rents
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss real estate market trends and some concerning long-term economic risks.
Scott and Pat advise a man in Northern California, making $70,000 a year, about a potential Roth conversion. A caller who owes $150,000 on his mortgage asks if he should pay off the balance with money from his 401(k). A California woman asks if she should buy additional rental properties. Scott and Pat speak with a caller in Loveland, Colorado, earning $200,000 a year, and seeking to lower her taxable income. Finally, a golfer asks if a fixed annuity will help diversify his investments.
Download and rate our podcast here.