September 25, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- Talking to kids about the stock market. 0:59
- How do I transfer my savings in New Zealand to U.S. banks? 8:38
- How can I help my son invest? 17:32
- Gold inflation myth. 23:09
- Americans want to retire earlier. 26:40
- How should I invest for the short term? 32:12
- The residential real estate market. 39:32
- Should I get rid of my gold? 44:58
Gold versus inflation
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat break down the myth linking gold prices with high inflation.
Scott and Pat advise a caller from New Zealand about transferring $34,000 from her home country to a bank in the United States. A father asks how he can help his son invest the $40,000 he’s carefully saved. A Colorado man asks how to invest $475,000 before his new home is completed next year. Finally, a caller who saved physical gold bullion asks how much he should keep as he diversifies into other investments.
Download and rate our podcast here.