September 28, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- How can I give money to my grandkids? 2:36
- What can I do with extra 529 plan savings? 12:16
- The troubled IPO of The We Company. 18:40
- How can I save for retirement abroad? 28:38
- Should I convert my traditional IRA into a Roth? 36:10
- Should I take Social Security now? 43:29
A financial model can say whatever you want
On this week’s Allworth’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss The We Company’s troubled IPO, and why good stories don’t always make good investments.
Scott and Pat advise a man who may be gifting money that he can’t afford to give away. A father with four kids asks how to handle the extra money in their 529 plans. A caller living in Italy asks how she can save $1,500 a month for retirement. Scott and Pat discuss an IRA withdrawal strategy with a Sacramento man who saved $1.5 million. Finally, a woman with $3.5 in net worth asks if she should immediately take Social Security at age 62.