September 4, 2021 Money Matters Podcast
- You can’t predict the markets over short periods of time. 3:39
- Which long-term care policy option makes financial sense? 7:15
- How much umbrella insurance should I have? 22:35
- A $75 Billion “Pig in a Poke.” 28:20
- Is the Federal Reserve responsible for market gains? 34:45
- There are no absolutes when talking about inflation. 36:31
- Employers are having to pay to get people of the sidelines. 37:50
- What’s the employment participation rate’s relevance? 39:40
- Are higher taxes the biggest risk to the economic recovery? 44:20
- What’s going on with the Fed’s tapering policy? 47:50
There’s no such thing as a “Free Lunch.”
On this week’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat invite Allworth Financial’s Chief Investment Officer Andy Stout on the show to discuss the markets, inflation, unemployment, and how the Federal Reserve’s easing monetary policy might affect the overall economy.
Scott and Pat advise a long-time listener with a complicated CalPERS Long-Term Care Policy decision to help ensure his choice makes the most financial sense for his needs. Another California man asks how to determine the right amount of umbrella insurance to be sufficiently covered from any number of incidents from a dog bite, car accident, or an unexpected injury to someone else.
Download and rate our podcast here.